[GEMPAK #XMX-534740]: GEMPAK

Hi,

Quite some time ago you sent in an inquiry to our GEMPAK support department
asking for clarification/guidance on use/support of GEMPAK from Unidata.
I apologize for taking so long to get back to you on this issue!

re:
> Kongsberg Spacetec is making a proposal to Bangladesh Space Research
> Organisation (SPARRSO) according to an open international tender.
>
> Their tender document specifies that GEMPAK shall be delivered, as
> follows:
>
> "Dvorak - Tropical Cyclone Analysis and Modeling Tool and GEMPAK, the
> General Meteorology Package should include in the processing system"

Out of curiosity: it is unclear from this last sentence if you are to
deliver two separate tools:

1 - Dvorak - Tropical Cyclone Analysis and Modeling Tool
2 - GEMPAK

re:
> Kongsberg Spacetec make the satellite receiving station, and processing
> software for satellite data products to Level 1 and Level 2 in HDF
> format.
>
> The customer typically want to take the satellite data products as
> input to GEMPAK for further processing and analysis.
>
> To support the requirement we consider to offer that we install the
> GEMPAK software on the processing server (HP ML370, SUSE Linux 10.3)
> according to your license conditions. Please let me know if SPARRSO is
> an eligible user of GEMPAK, and what will be the conditions that I
> should state in the proposal regarding license and support to them.

We (Unidata Program Center/UCAR) make GEMPAK freely available to all
users.  Users wanting to download GEMPAK from our site must first register
with our site.  This is done online at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

To initiate the registration, click on the 'Login' link near the top of
the page.  This is on the right hand side of the line that reads:

'Data   Tools   Community   Downloads   Support  Projects  About Us'

Follow the directions presented in the pages accessed by the 'Not Yet
Registered?'
link.  Please pay close attention to the section that describes our
participation
policy.  In particular, please note that we are funded to provide support
to the university community, not private companies or individual users.

We  strongly encourage all users to subscribe to one or more of the topical
email
lists we maintain as they are the most likely place that a non-traditional
user/site
(i.e., non-university) can ask questions and get timely replies from an
experienced
community.

One can subscribe/unsubscribe to email lists we maintain online at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/

    Participate in topical forums and mailing lists    (NB: we are phasing out
forums)

The appropriate email list for GEMPAK interactions is the address@hidden list.

The Support webpage above also provides a link to 'Conditions of Unidata
Support'.
This is much the same information as is contained in the Participation Policy
that
you will read during the registration process.

Again, I apologize for taking so long to get back to you on this matter.

> Best regards
> Kongsberg Spaceetc AS
> Einar Grønås
>

> Einar Grønås