[GEMPAK #XMX-534740]: GEMPAK

Hi Einar,

re:
> Thank you for the response.

No worries.

> My request only concerns the GEMPAK requirement. The Typhoon
> is handled by another package.

Very good.  We were just curious...

> If they select our proposal we will offer to install the GEMPAK software on
> the processing computer. SPARRSO as end user is a research organisation,
> and they will register as user and obtain the user license.

Excellent!

> We will also have to register and download the package to Kongsberg
> Spacetec for installation prior to shipment of the entire receiving station
> to SPARRSO (Bangladesh). I hope that is acceptable.

Yes, this is completely acceptable.

The only issue from our standpoint is one of there not being an expectation
that we are in any obligated to provide full support to an organization
that is not one of our core community of users (i.e., the university
community).  That being said, I must add that we do our best to support
all users especially when helping a non-traditional site has a measurable
benefit to the Unidata community as a whole.  One example of this is when
a non-.edu site reports a bug that others have not experienced, and working
with that site to remedy the bug results in a better use experience for
all users.  This happens routinely for packages like the netCDF, THREDDS,
UDUNITS, and the LDM.

Ticket ID: XMX-534740
Department: Support GEMPAK