[GEMPAK #BZB-679967]: dcgrib2 only converting 00Z grids

Thanks Bob,

The reason that you're not seeing 12z decoded grids is that the date/time of
these (and a few 00z grids) is not a valid day of the month.

Reading the file with wgrib we see:

wgrib ds010.1.19510100.19751231.grb
1:0:d=51010012:PRMSL:kpds5=2:kpds6=102:kpds7=0:TR=113:P1=0:P2=1:TimeU=2:MSL:anl:ave@1d:NAve=31
2:2096:d=51020012:PRMSL:kpds5=2:kpds6=102:kpds7=0:TR=113:P1=0:P2=1:TimeU=2:MSL:anl:ave@1d:NAve=28
3:4192:d=51030012:PRMSL:kpds5=2:kpds6=102:kpds7=0:TR=113:P1=0:P2=1:TimeU=2:MSL:anl:ave@1d:NAve=31

and so on.

51010012 would be January 1952, day 0, 12z, which dcgrib2 does not recognize.
I'm looking into an update to dcgrib2 in order to handle the 0th day of the
month.  Any flexibility on you side of things (meaning did you creating this
grib1 file yourself?) to change the 0th day to the 1st of the month?

Best,

Michael

> Hi Michael,
>
> I uploaded the three files to the RAMADDA server.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
> On Apr 24, 2009, at 11:28 AM, Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob,
> >
> > Apparently this ticket didn't make it through with the attached files.
> >
> > We do have available an upload feature for RAMADDA that you can use
> > to send the files:
> >
> > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/Top/IDV+Resources/Uploads?entryid=e850985a-8a2c-44e3-8a05-e547cfb963a1
> >
> > Throw the files up there and I'll take a look and try to get you an
> > answer.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Michael James
> > Unidata User Support
> >
> >> Full Name: Bob Dattore
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version:
> >> Operating System:
> >> Hardware:
> >> Description of problem: I am using dcgrib2 to convert GRIB grids to
> >> GEMPAK format.  It appears that only grids with PDS byte 16
> >> (pds.hour) = 0 are being converted.  I have attached the GRIB data
> >> file, the output from dcgrib2 and the dcgrib2 log file.  Thanks for
> >> any assistance.
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: BZB-679967
> > Department: Support GEMPAK