[GEMPAK #TYF-935318]: GEMPAK: Hatched v. color fill

Curtis,

The following fill types are available for contours:

from http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/gempak/manual/variables_index?fline

      FLINE

      FLINE is the color and fill type to be used for contour fill:

        colr1;..;colrn/type1;..;typen

      The number of fill colors and types needed is one greater than the
      number of fill levels in FINT.  The number of fill colors may be
      entered as a list of color numbers separated by semicolons or a
      range of colors.  The number of fill types may be entered as a list
      of numbers separated by semicolons.  More information on color
      selection can be found in the help for COLORS.

      The fill type may be set any of the following values:

                1               Solid
                2               Slanted Dash
                3               Wide-spaced Slanted Line
                4               Medium-spaced Slanted Line
                5               Zig-Zag Line
                6               Dots
                7               Thin-spaced Slanted Line

      If fill type is set to 0, soild fill is used. If the fill type is
      set to a single negative number, negative values will use the
      absolute value of the fill type, and positive values will be solid.

> Dear Unidata:
>
> Is it possible to produced hatched rather than color-filled areas in GEMPAK
> using the gdcntr routine? The reason I ask is because I am interested in
> overlaying images that I have created using GEMPAK by making the background
> color transparent.
>
> Thanks,
> Curtis James

Ticket ID: TYF-935318