[GEMPAK #FJM-951371]: "Sort of" installed...but many problems

Ryan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but it looks like you've made some
good progress with your mac installation.

The "Class: XmTextField" error is probably a Unicode font issue, it was
discussed quite a bit in the past on gembud.

The solution many people found was to set the environmental variable LANG to
"C".

-Michael

> Well, after modifying many files through trial and error, I think I got the
> installation to work.  However, all GUI programs such as NMAP2, NWX, etc...do
> NOT show any map backgrounds...only lat/long and station dots.  Also, NMAP2
> crashes if I try to change map background. And, I get tons of "character"
> errors in addition to a segmentaiton fault.  AN example:
>
> Warning:
> Name: text
> Class: XmTextField
> Character '\61' not supported in font.  Discarded.
>
> I"m closer than ever!  Also, this is a new mac, I'm still not 100% certain I
> modified the makeinc files right...had lots of trouble.  Please check out
> attached make.out and install.out, thanks.

Ticket ID: FJM-951371
Department: Support GEMPAK