[GEMPAK #BCK-543992]: GEMPAK-metar data

Keshab,

In that case you'll want to keep the foreach loop and use the state
abbreviation in your file name, example shown below

#!/bin/csh

# Get UTC hour and add zeros
set hour=`date -u "+%H"`
set hour="${hour}00"

# Loop through states and get METAR data
foreach state (al ak as az ar ca co ct de dc fm fl ga gu hi id il in ia
ks ky la me mh)

sflist<< SFLIST_FLAG
sffile=metar
area=@$state
dattim=$hour
sfparm=text
output=f/metar_text_${state}.txt
idntyp=stid

run

exit

SFLIST_FLAG

end

> Michael,
>
> I tried changing the AREA to US and gave me the result what I expected
> but not what I want. It produced a list of METAR (for all stations in
> US) in an alphabetical order of station identifiers. But I would like to
> have a set of METAR for each state and be able to save it as 50 text files.
>
> thanks,
> Keshab

Ticket ID: BCK-543992
Department: Support GEMPAK