[GEMPAK #DGZ-411403]: Compile Errors with MacOS 10.6.1 Snow Leopard

Hi Matthew-

> Full Name: Matthew Bedard
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.11.4
> Operating System: MacOS 10.6.1
> Hardware: Intel Mac Mini
> Description of problem: I have attached my make.out file (zipped) as well as
> the exact steps that I took to get compile. I have run out of ideas and I
> just can't get it to work. I have read through and based my install off Ryan
> Jewel's correspondence in the archives:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/gembud/2009/msg00054.html

I'll look into this further next week, but in your make.out I see:

ld: warning: in nalarm.o, file is not of required architecture

Is it possible that you compiled once without changing MTMACH and then
didn't do a make distclean before compiling again?

Don Murray

> I'm am not sure what the problem is but the end of the make.out file is:
>
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [dcshef_comet] Error 1
>
> Perhaps someone can take a look at my instructions and my make.out file and
> figure out what I am doing wrong.
>
> Thank you!

Ticket ID: DGZ-411403
Department: Support GEMPAK