[GEMPAK #RIR-544234]: Writing to new grib file

Hi Allan-

Our main GEMPAK support person (Michael James) is out for a couple of weeks, so
I'll do my best to help you out.

> Full Name: Allan Huffman
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi, I am trying to write 80 meter winds interpolated from a nam218 grib
> file to a new grib file using gdgrib2.
>
> I have taken the nam218 gribfile and have ran gdvint to interpolate 80m
> winds. But now I would like to take this gempak file and write the 80 m
> winds back to a new grib file.
>
> I assume I should use gdgrib or gdgrib2, but I am not sure how to
> proceed from there. Any advice? Thanks.

I think you could use either program, but gdgrib2 is probably better.  You'll
probably have to run this a couple of times because it looks like gfunc only
takes one parameter at a time.  Taking the defaults for the grib2 parameters
should probably work.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: RIR-544234
Department: Support GEMPAK