[GEMPAK #YAU-594038]: trouble with Garp crashing

Hi Frank,

This problem has sprung up in the past with garp, and I imagine you saw the
archived support requests where the naming of nam and eta in Garp_defaults was
discussed.

My first question is if this is a binary 5.11.1 or a source build?  My best
guess right now is that the problem is with how GEMPAK/garp is calling some X
libraries, and it might be a good idea to update your GEMPAK install to a
source build of 5.11.4.

If you want to build from source I am here to answer any questions you have.

Michael

> Dear Gempak Support,
>
> I'm assuming you are all super busy, but wondered if you had any
> suggestions for me about our problem.  I can give you access to a system
> that has the problem, if that would help diagnose it.  At the moment, I
> can work around it, but something clearly isn't right here....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank Colby
> UMass Lowell

Ticket ID: YAU-594038