[GEMPAK #XZP-585418]: Ubuntu 9.10 Installation

Hi Colton,

Thanks for sending the make.out file.

The error

"/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.4/gempak/include/geminc.h:57:22: error: Xm/XmAll.h: No
such file or directory"

indicates that the Motif include file, XmAll.h was not found on your system.
This means that either the compiler doesn't have the correct path for the files
or that the Motif development libraries aren't installed (most likely if this
is your first attempt to build).

If you don't have the Motif libraries you'll need to install them and try the
build again (be sure to install both openmotif and openmotif-devel).

If you do have them you'll want to edit

~gempak/NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux_gfortran

and set MOTIFINC and MOTIFLIBS to the correct paths.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> Thank you so much. Here is the information you asked for:
>
> 1) Linux gempak-laptop 2.6.31-16-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 3 22:00:22
> UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> 2) GEMPAK 5.11.4
>
> 3) Using gfortran. I installed this package using the command "sudo apt-get
> install gfortran" so I assume it is set up and in the right place.
>
> I've also attached my latest make.out AND install.out files. Thanks for your
> help!
>
> --
> Colton Ancell
> Geophysics Major