[GEMPAK #YWO-196377]: trouble build of GEMPAK 5.11.4 on FreeBSD 8.0

Hi Neil,

The errors "undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_close'" in your make.out file
suggest that some remnants of your build attempts with gfortran are still
present.  What you're going to want to do is completely clean the build: "make
distclean" and then attempt the build again.

If the "undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_close'" errors still exist after
"make distclean" let me know and we can take a look at how $GEM_COMPTYPE is
defined, but I do think that a clean and rebuild will solve this problem.

Michael James

> Subject: trouble build of GEMPAK 5.11.4 on FreeBSD 8.0
>
> Trying to build GEMPAK 5.11.4 as a virtual server on a Dell Poweredge
> 2950 with quad-core Intel processor.
>
> Have tried using both gfortran-4.3 and g77-3.4, each with it's
> matching gcc version.
>
> Got the farthest with g77. Here's my make.out, Makinc.freebsd:
>

> ---
> Neil Smith  address@hidden
> Comp. Sys. Admin.
> Atmospheric Sciences / TAMU