[GEMPAK #BLG-266408]: Mar 2010 build on FreeBSD 7.2

Neil,

Thanks for the updates.  I've fixed a few of the small "clean" and "install"
omissions in the make files.

After talking about this ar problem with others, I'm going to guess that the
oalib objects were not being added to gemlib.a because of a timestamp issue.
In the past people have noticed that "ar" would fail to add all objects to a
library if the timestamp of some were off, meaning a second instance of ar
would attempt to add objects to a library before a first instance is complete -
happens occasionally on extremely fast machines.  Similar to that case, I'm
guessing that the ar command wasn't run because it appeared that gemlib.a and
the oalib objects had the same timestamp - at least down to the second, and so
with the implicit condition being that the objects are add if they are
*newer*,, it means that if they have the same timestamp as gemlib.a then they
will *not* be added.  As for a solution, I'm not sure what to do in GEMPAK to
address this for other users and other systems - you're the first to experience
this problem - but if it occurs more frequently we'll have to l
 ook as pacing the build somehow.

Michael James
Unidata

Ticket ID: BLG-266408