[GEMPAK #XCW-838072]: Unable to open grid files

Hi Denna,

Do you know the approximate date of this 5.11.4 installation?  The errors
you're reporting appear to be the result a bug in the grid diagnostics
libraries that was resolved some months back.  If you are working with an
installation older than February 2010 I would suggest downloading and building
the latest 5.11.4 source package.

Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: Denna Demby
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.11.4
> Operating System: Linux Itanuim x64
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I am receiving the following error when I try to open
> a .gem file:
>
> GEMPAK-GDCNTR>r
> [FL -4]  Cannot read file ....
> [DM -7]  Read error.
> [GD -2]  File /home/wxapps/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.4/gemdata/2009043012_nam211.gem
> cannot be opened.
> [DG -62]  Grid file open failed in DG_NFIL.
> Creating process: xw for queue 1540102

Ticket ID: XCW-838072
Department: Support GEMPAK