[GEMPAK #QDO-775031]: Gempak script runs via command line but not cron job

Hi Denna,

The error message:

[GEMPLT -101]  NOPROC - Nonexistent executable

means that either you haven't sourced the $NAWIPS/Gemenviron variables into
your shell script environment, or you have a file in your working directory
with the name of a GEMPAK executable program such as "gplt" or "ps". It seems
that $OS_BIN variable is probably not set, which will be set after successfully
sourcing Gemenviron. When you run a script interactively, the script will
inherit your environment, but when run from a cron or batch mode, you will have
to ensure that the shell sets its environment since it won't be inheriting your
logged in environment.

The error message:
   Error in message send = 22
   itype, ichan, nwords,0,-1,3

signals that you do have a message queue problem, which is likely due to the
program not being able to talk to $OS_BIN/gplt or $OS_BIN/ps due to the above
problem.

To clear this up, exit out of GEMPAK and run "cleanup -c". This command will
remove existing message queues (eg, the "ipcrm" command is run to remove
message queues found with "ipcs"). It will also look for running "gplt"
processes and kill them.

After running the cleanup command, use the /bin/ps command in linux to see if
you have any gempak device drivers still running (eg xw, gf, ps). After
clearing the environment, make sure your script is sourcing Gemenviron, and
then retry.

Michael James
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: QDO-775031