[GEMPAK #XCU-941477]: GDGRIB

Kimberly,

The first question I have to ask is if you have added an entry for this "TFP"
parameter in ncepgrib129.tbl?

Do you see any GDGRIB errors reported such as:

[GDGRIB -83]  Cannot find parameter in tables

Lastly, it would help if you could upload the .gem file you're using to the
RAMADDA repository located at

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/gempakuploads/

that way I can play around with GDGRIB on my end and see what I can find.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: Kimberly Hoogewind
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.11.1
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
>
> I am having an issue with gdgrib writing out an empty grib file. I've
> calculated a rather complex parameter and stored it back into my original
> .gem file using gddiag. This was successful as I was able to plot the
> parameter as well as see the values at each grid point using gdlist. For some
> reason, though, gdgrib just does not work for this parameter (my program
> input is listed below). It does, however, seem to work when I use a function
> such as TMPF or HGHT at a certain level. Could this be due to some grid
> points containing missing data for my calculated parameter(-9999.0)?
>
> Any advice would be very much appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kim
>

> file=$1
>
> $GEMEXE/gdgrib<<EOF