[GEMPAK #MYK-792497]: Gempak Installation

Levi,

GEMPAK doesn't refer to any one program but rather to a collection of display,
analysis and product generation programs.

Many GEMPAK packages are named beginning with SF, SN and GD, for surface,
sounding and gridded data analysis, respectively.  If you're a new GEMPAK user
it's worth your time to look through the GEMPAK tutorial:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/

Additionally, GEMPAK comes with a suite of GUI programs which can be accessed
through the application launcher "ntl":

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/4.1_nprogs.html

Have a look at the available training material and documentation, including the
GEMPAK manual pages, at

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/#documentation

Best,

Michael

> Hi Michael,
>
> I managed to fix the library and the rest of the installation appeared to go
> smoothly. The only question I have now is how to execute/run the program.
> The installation guide states that executables are installed to $OS_BIN.
> Looking at the list of files there, I am unsure how to proceed with running
> gempak. What should I do next?

Ticket ID: MYK-792497
Department: Support GEMPAK