[GEMPAK #ZXE-379509]: semaphore issue

Hi Joe,

You definitely want to run gpend after every instance of gdgrib if the program
itself is being launched multiple times, such as in a loop - each one will be
assigned a separate process ID and that's what is filling up your system's
semaphores.

Give it a try with gpend called after each instance.  If you still see problems
send the script along so I can take a look.

Best,

Michael

> In our script, we're processing one GEMPAK file and extracting several
> Grib messages, so there's a loop running gdgrib. Do I need to run gpend
> after each iteration or just once at the end?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joe

Ticket ID: ZXE-379509
Department: Support GEMPAK