[GEMPAK #GRF-150275]: GEMPAK installation on Ubuntu

> $NAWIPS=/home/gian/gempak/GEMPAK6.2.0
> $GEMPAK=/home/gian/gempak/GEMPAK6.2.0/gempak
> $NA_OS=linux (lower case l), as determined by $NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile

this is correct.  GEMPAK will define $NA_OS = linux as lower-case

> $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux_gfortran (lower case l) edited by me and
> contains now definition OPSYS=linux  (lower case l) for consistency with
> $NA_OS
> $GEMPAK/include/MCHPRM.Linux (upper case l) copied by me into
> $GEMPAK/include/MCHPRM.linux (lower case l)
> $GEMPAK/include/MCHPRM.Linux_gfortran (upper case l) copied by me into
> $GEMPAK/include/MCHPRM.linux_gfortran (lower case l)

this is unnecessary, as $NA_OS and $OPSYS need not be identical, but if you're
absolutely sure that 'linux' lower-case is defined for $OPSYS then it should
work, but I would suggest not making these edits as there could be some spots
that we don't know about attempting to match $OPSYS to 'Linux' upper-case.

$NA_OS should be 'linux' while $OPSYS should be 'Linux'

> Today, I have edited $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux_gfortran_ubuntu and set
> OPSYS=linux  (lower case l; it was upper case for the build which is
> documented in the make.out you received).
> I have given make distclean and then make all. However, error is as before
> (‘MTMACH’ undeclared).
>
> The whole environment should be now "lower case l"-compliant. Or is there any
> other place with occurrence of word linux/Linux which I could fix?

Can you send me the latest make.out log?

Thanks,

Michael

Ticket ID: GRF-150275
Department: Support GEMPAK