[GEMPAK #WHJ-950992]: [NAGRIB -17] Error setting date/time.

Hi Victor,

It seems there is a 3-digit limit to the forecast hour that NAGRIB can properly
decode.   If you could, please upload a sample file to
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/gempakuploads/ and I'll take a look.

-Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: Victor Gensini
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello:
>
> I am having a problem running NAGRIB on some post-processed WRF data.  I have
> no trouble running NAGRIB of forecast hours > 999 (GEMPAK can handle 3 places
> of forecast hours).  When I run NAGRIB on these forecast files (see
> attachment), I get an NAGRIB error: [NAGRIB -17]  Error setting date/time.
>
> It looks partly due to the fact that the timestamp was set to 460101/0600F034
> when it was decoding, but it should actually be a forecast hour of something
> like F20514 (these are very long duration downscaled simulations.  I have a
> netCDF workaround disregarding GEMPAK, but I would favor using GEMPAK for the
> visualization of some fields.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I can
> e-mail a sample .grb file if needed...

Ticket ID: WHJ-950992
Department: Support GEMPAK