[GEMPAK #HTT-869970]: decoders for Mac OS 10.7?

Hi Susan,

I don't fully understand what you mean by "Since I didn't get any compiler
messages before, I thought it was working OK and didn't bother."   If you're
starting from scratch, you'll need Xcode and MacPorts installed.

If you are running OS X Lion, XCode is included.  Any version prior to Lion and
you will need to install Xcode from the install DVD, or download the latest
disk image of Xcode from the Apple Developer web site.

After that, you'll need to install MacPorts (Step 2 hereL
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/doc/install_osx.html )

For step 3 in the above link, there is an Open Motif package available from
Unidata which has specific OS X edits.

With these three software pieces, you should be able to follow the OS X
instructions and arrive at a build without errors.  Of course if you do run
into any, please let me know.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata