[GEMPAK #PVZ-730158]: Is there a creation script for...

> Michael,
>
> I created the pqact.conf using the gen_pqact.csh script. It's not creating
> all the directories, and I *thought* recalled that anything using
> NCEP-derived decoders wouldn't create their own subdirectories.

This I have not heard.  You may be right, but I just haven't heard of this
before.

> I'll go back and try recreating the pqact.conf again and see if, perhaps, I
> fumble-fingered something. It HAS been awhile since I had to install ldm
> AND gempak from scratch.
>
> In the example below,
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I do not know of any script for this, only that the decoders require a
> > path be given in the pattern action:
> >
> > WMO     ^S[AP]
> >         PIPE    decoders/dcmetr -v 2 -a 500 -m 72 -s sfmetar_sa.tbl
> >         -d data/gempak/logs/dcmetr.log
> >         -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
> >         data/gempak/surface/YYYYMMDD_sao.gem
> >

> I didn't think ~ldm/data/gempak.surface would necessarily be created
> because decoders/dcmetr didn't create the directory if it didn't exist...

I was under the impression that the LDM creates the directory where the file is
to be written, not the decoder.

Michael

Ticket ID: PVZ-730158
Department: Support GEMPAK