[GEMPAK #NUJ-377701]: Gridded Data

Hi Brannon,

With GDLIST you would need to use a small enough lat/lon area that only
encompasses the one grid point you wish to list, but determining the lat/lon
bounds may require trial and error.  Though if you plotted a grid using
gdplot3, you can use the CURSOR command to select a bounding box on the X
Window which would then be saved (for the session) as GAREA, to be used in
GDLIST.

The steps involved in this would be

1) plot a grid with GDPLOT3 with GAREA containing the grid point you want to
look at
2) on the command-line interface to GDPLOT3, type "CURSOR GAREA"
3) use the mouse to select the bounding box you wish to save to the variable
GAREA
4) exit GDPLOT3
5) start GDLIST
6) the variable GAREA in GDLIST should be the bounding box selected before

Hope this is what you're looking for and can set you on the right track.

Michael

> Full Name: Brannon A Seay
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
>
> I have a question referring to gridded data created within GEMPAK.
>
> I am using OABSFC to perform a barnes scheme on a grid area I created using
> OAGRID.  I am wanting to look at data for an individual grid point.  I know I
> can use GDLIST to give every gridded point over the entire data area.  And
> you can use GDTSER to draw a time series at an individual lat. lon. location.
>  It would be much more useful for me if there is a way to list data values
> from an individual grid point over a certain amount of time.  Is there
> anything in GEMPAK that can do this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Brannon Seay

Ticket ID: NUJ-377701