[GEMPAK #VFW-525515]: A bit more about why the decoders might not be working....

The UNIWISC feed is included with the UNIDATA feed, see the feedtype page for
what's included in what:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/feedtypes/

So how the LDM uses feedtypes is like this:

The "REQUEST ANY" line will pull all feedtypes from the upstream LDM.  Each
EXEC line feedtype definition will determine which products go to which pqact
file, so

EXEC    "pqact -f UNIDATA /usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf"

will send all products from feed UNIDATA into pqact.conf to match product
header regular expressions for processing.

EXEC    "pqact -f NGRID|CONDUIT|HDS /usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.gempak"

will send products from these three feeds into pqact.gempak for processing.

Now there are entries in pqact.gempak for feedtypes FNEXRAD, CMC, NOGAPS, WMO
and others, but because I used "-f NGRID|CONDUIT|HDS", these files will not be
decoded.

The fix is to change  -f NGRID|CONDUIT|HDS to include the relevant feed names
(UNIDATA), or use "-f ANY" for pqact.gempak.  That is how the products
processed by each pqact file are managed.

As for the double data/data directory, it was my guess that it was due to the
LDM appending data onto GEMDATA and that it would be solved now if GEMDATA is
defined back to "data" rather than "data/data".

I made this change to Gemenviron.profile and restarted the LDM to check, but so
far I haven't seen any data written yet.  I'll keep an eye on it today and try
some other things, but feel free to go in and modify the configuration to suit
your needs.

Michael

Ticket ID: VFW-525515
Department: Support GEMPAK