[GEMPAK #EXD-562026]: Can't Install dependencies needed to build GEMPAK

Hi Jeff,

You mentioned downloading the 6.8.0 tarball, but then say you installed the
64-bit linux RPM.  did you do both?

I don't have an Ubuntu system to check right now. Basically, everything should
be bult from source until I can provide an Ubuntu binary release.

For GEMPAK built from source, there is a file in $NAWIPS/config/ called
"Makeinc.linux64_gfortran_ubuntu" that should be moved to
"Makeinc.linux64_gfortran" before running "make all" in $NAWIPS.

For open motif, you will have to cd into the open-motif source directory and
run "./configure",  "make all" and "make install" in order.

-Michael

> Full Name: Jeff Szkodzinski
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.8.0
> Operating System: Ubuntu 12.10 on VMware Player (Host sys: Windows 7 Home Ed.)
> Hardware: 2 GB Ram dedicated to Ubuntu, 6 gigs max
> Description of problem:
>
> Unidata Team,
>
> I am attempting to install GEMPAK6.8.0 on Ubuntu 12.10 via my
> VMware player.  My host machine is Windows 7 Home Edition.  I have
> downloaded and unzipped the gempak-6.8.0.tar.gz file to /home/gempak
> and created the NAWIPS symbolic link in the same folder.  Since I
> unzipped the program to the standard directory, I did not have to
> modify the $NAWIPS variable in Gemenviron.profile.  I added the line
> ". /home/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile" to .profile.  When I type
> "rpm -ivh gempak-6.8.0-1.x86_64.rpm" it tells me that certain packages
> such as libX11 and libXp are needed by GEMPAK.  The problem is that when
> I go run yum install on the full list of required libraries, it says
> that  all the dependencies are not available to install. I downloaded
> the "openmotif-2.3.3" tar file from their website and unzipped to the
> home directory.  Running yum failed on openmotif as well.  When I went
> to type "make all >& make.out & tail -f make.out", all the display
> showed was "make: *** /: Is a directory.  Stop."  It created a job in
> the background, but did not see any code.  I'm not sure how else to
> install all the dependencies I need.
>
> I appreciate any suggestions you can offer.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Szkodzinski
> address@hidden
> cell: 630-888-2268