[GEMPAK #HHZ-982841]: #EXD-562026 Can't Install Required GEMPAK Libraries

Hi Jeff,

The first build error message in your make.out log is

make[4]: gfortran: Command not found

which means your environment can not find the gfortran executable.  you will
need to check "which gfortran" and "locate gfortran" and make sure that path is
in your environment $PATH after Gemenviron has been sourced.

The X11/Xlib.h file comes from the package libx11-dev which may be libx11-devel
on some systems, CentOS/RHEL for example.  you can check for matching packages
with "yum list \*libx11\*" - it may be that the -devel package is available to
you.

Michael

> Michael,
>
> I got the environmental variables to source correctly after solving
> a user account issue.  I sent along my Make.out file, and it tells me
> that certain header files are not installed (Intrinsic.h and Xlib.h).
> I went online and manually downloaded and installed the libXt-devel
> package since the yum command does not automatically download from the
> repository.  I moved the header files to /usr/include/X11 and changed
> the associated directory (X11LIBDIR) in Makeinc.linux64_gfortran.
> The compilation still doesn't finish to the end.
>
> Hope this information might shed some light on the problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Ticket ID: HHZ-982841
Department: Support GEMPAK