[GEMPAK #JZH-369433]: Decoders not working in fedora 17

Hi Kevin,

The new config files are not read by default, instead they much be copied to
the basic file name.  An example for 64-bit linux would be: copy
Makeinc.linux64_gfortran_fedora to Makeinc.linux64_gfortran - *then* run "make
all"

From what you wrote, you ran "make all" and "make install" without
moving/renaming the file, which means the -fno-whole-file flag for gfortran 4.6
is not picked up, which is why you are still seeing these runtime errors with
the decoders.

Michael James
Unidata

> Hey Michael,
>

> I removed my Gempak version and downloaded the latest Gempak from source
> code version (3.8.0-2) on the Unidata web site... to account for the
> changes you made to handle the issues with the decoders not working
> properly (ie, with the fix you had). Also....in the
> Makeinc_gfortran_linux64_fedora file my "include" file was not in the
> /usr/X11R6/include directory but rather in the /usr/include directory.  So
> I made the appropriate changes in the updated file.  I ran make and install
> and made the programs but the same error is occurring where my watches,
> warnings, winter storms data, watch status updates and wcn messages, and
> csig messages are showing up as 0 bytes. The message says  "localhost pqact
> [3641] ERROR: [file1.c.305] Deleting Failed Pipe Entry  I'm running the
> latest version of LDM. Is thee some step or something I'm missing here? I
> looked and saw that the in $NAWIPS/config directory there were two entries
> that had "..._fedora" in them.  So I got the updates but it isnt working on
> my system.  Also I have Fedora 18. So what would you suggest now.  I really
> want to be able to plot the watches and warnings. It is a little
> frustrating. Hopefully you can help me.  Thanks Michael!
>
> Kevin
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Update.
> >
> > With fc15+ and glibc/gfortran 4.6+ you need to add the flag
> > -fno-whole-file to FOPT in Makeinc.linux64_gfortran (or appropriate file).
> >
> > I added new Makeinc files for these systems here:
> >

> > http://github.com/Unidata/gempak/blob/master/config/Makeinc.linux64_gfortran_fedora
> >
> > -mj
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: JZH-369433