[GEMPAK #QHZ-920400]: Problems compiling GEMPAK6.8.0

Hi Greg,

This is definitely a problem with MacPorts and not with GEMPAK.  I am on PTO
starting today so I won't have a lot of time to work on this, if you could send
me the errors or any other messages you see when trying to install splint.

FYI, many times when macports does not have a package available or has a
problem installing, brew (http://mxcl.github.io/homebrew/) many times has been
the solution.

-Michael

> I am running Mountain Lion (10.8.3) on a Mac, and have had no problems
> compiling the last couple of versions of GEMPAK using the supplied MAC
> OS instructions. Version 6.8.0 is a different story. One of the steps
> leading up to compiling GEMPAK is constantly failing, and it is the
> "sudo port install splint xbitmaps Xft2" command. I can never get splint
> to build. I can install xbitmaps and Xft2 independently but splint is
> a no go. If you have any ideas as to what may be causing this, I would
> very much appreciate hearing th em.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Greg Fishel
> Chief Meteorologist