[GEMPAK #NVD-552590]: ensemble plotting

Hi Heather,

My first guess is that the YYYYMMDD defined for GDATTIM is not found because
your datatype.tbl FILE TEMPLATE of "m*" does not allow for the explicit GDATTIM
date to be found. You should stay consistent with the default entry, so use
m_YYYYMMDDHH_* for your file naming instead of m*.  The grid routines do not
know where to find the files otherwise.

Michael
Unidata

Are you seeing the error "Unable to process GDATTIM = 101205/0500f007"?

> Full Name: Heather Reeves
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi, I'm sorry to keep badgering you guys about this,
> but despite your help, I still can't plot ensemble output.  I have edited the
> datatype.tbl file thusly
>
> GEFS         $MODEL/ens                m*
>           CAT_GRD  SCAT_FCT   -1     -1     -1      OFF/0/0      4
>

> If I understand correctly, I should be able to set my gdfile thusly to plot
> ensemble output
>
> gdfile  = {gefs}
> gdattim = 101205/0500f007
> glevel  = 0
> gvcord  = none
> gfunc   = ENS_SAVG(PREC)
>
> However, when I do this, I get the following error:
>
> Grid file or template does not exist.
>
> I can plot by listing the members of the ensemble, but there are more than 12
> of them.  I did make sure to source gempak again after changing the
> datatype.tbl file.  The files are named as follows
>
> m1.gem, m2.gem, m3.gem,...,m48.gem
>
> Any help is appreciated.  -Heather

Ticket ID: NVD-552590
Department: Support GEMPAK