[GEMPAK #CEW-233266]: gdpoint vs. gdlist

That should disable automatic scaling, but will only match with GDLIST if you
are using SCALE=5 there as well.

I have found that GDPOINT is not returning an actual grid point value when it
should, instead it is interpolating when it should not.  Therefore I recommend
not using GDPOINT at this time.  It was a Unidata addition to GEMPAK many years
ago but was not kept up.

Michael

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks so much looking into this! I am setting my scale = 5 when I'm doing
> gfunc=mag(grad(thta)), so that should also disable automatic scaling, right?
>
> Hannah
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Hannah,
> >
> > After looking into it some more I noticed two things, 1) GDPOINT requires
> > SCALE = 0 to disable automatic scaling, 2) a grid scaling routine is called
> > each time, no matter if the grid needs interpolation.  Therefore the value
> > reported by GDPOINT will always be slightly different than the actual point
> > value as shown in GDINFO.  I'm working to fix this.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: CEW-233266
> > Department: Support GEMPAK
> >

> --
> Hannah E. Attard
> Graduate Student
> Dept. of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences
> University at Albany, SUNY
> 1400 Washington Ave. Albany, NY 12222
>
> Email:  address@hidden
> Website:  http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/hattard/