[GEMPAK #HOT-516855]: There are too many times in file

Hi Adam,

There is a parameter called LLMXTM, defined in two files: 1)
$GEMPAK/include/GEMPRM.PRM 2) $GEMPAK/include/gemprm.h

LLMXTM defines the maximum number of times per data set.  You will need to
increase from 2000 in each file and to process the datasets again.

from gemprm.h (line 353)
#define LLMXTM          (    2000 )     /* Max # times/dataset */

from GEMPRM.PRM (lines 157-158)
        PARAMETER       ( LLMXTM =  2000   )
C!                                              Max # times/dataset

You may also need to adjust LLTMCX if you need more than 300 times per point.

Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: Adam Schnapp
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Gempak Support,
>
> I am trying to load data from a network of rain gauges into gempak. The data
> set consists of 33 gauges and ~6,000 times. I have created a surface file
> with SFCFIL and set TIMSTN = 25000/50. after I load the data with SFEDIT I
> use sflist to see if it loaded correctly. I have been loading data from only
> one gauge for testing purposes. When I load over 2,000 times I get the error
> [SF -14] There are too many times in file. When I load less than 2,000 times
> it prints to the terminal. I don't understand because I thought I set the
> times to 25,000 when making the surface file. Can you help? I would prefer
> not to break the large data set into many small data sets.
>
> I have arbitrarily been using TMPC instead of P24M because P24M gives me
> aditional errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam Schnapp

Ticket ID: HOT-516855