[GEMPAK #WZD-275174]: grid size limitations

Hi Don,

I do not have a way around this without increasing LLMXGD and rebuilding GEMPAK.

I've updated the include files on the GEMPAK git repo and double LLMXGD to 2
million.

I've attached a tarball archive of the full /GEMPAK6.8.0/gempak/include/
contents.  With this replacement, you will need to rebuild GDBIINT before
running again:

cd $GEMPAK/source/programs/gd/gdbiint/
rm -rf $OS_LIB/gdbiint.a
make all;make install

then re-run gdbiint in the directory or script you are using and check the
results.

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello
>
> I'm updating you on the status of my support request. Here are some of the
> potential solutions that I looked into, but none of them work.
>
> 1. NAGRIB2 - This program has a GRDAREA variable that theoretically should
> allow for subsetting the original grid into something manageable. I got a
> "grid size too large" error which I assume is from the original grid which
> is ~ 1,125,000 points.
>
> 2. GDBIINT - The program code doesn't have any grid size limitations, like
> LLMXGD, but there is some grid size limitation built into the gempak
> subroutines it calls. GDBIINT will interpolate correctly the area
> represented by the first ~ 1000000 points, then it's garbage after that.
>
> 3. DCGRIB2 - This program has no options to subset the input grid. The
> program documentation describes its ability to stitch grids together, but
> there appears to be no option to do the opposite.
>
> So I am still at a loss for a solution to my problem.
>
> Don McCann
> President, McCann Aviation Weather Research, Inc.

Ticket ID: WZD-275174
Department: Support GEMPAK