[GEMPAK #AOT-532053]: Wind Radii Plot

Hello Jose,

Unfortunately GEMPAK does not have a routine to plot wind radii over satellite
imagery.  The only solution I can think of is contouring wind speed from a grid
file with the GDPLOT2 program, but that will not produce the discrete radius
lengths that you desire.  NMAP2 has a product generation palette for manually
drawing but that is not what you are looking for either.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but GEMPAK does not support what you
want to do.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata Support

> Hello,
> Could please anyone from Support help me out?.
> I'm trying to plot Not Smoothed Contours 34, 50, 64 knt wind Radii NE SE NW
> SW in nmi for a given point LAT/LON in order to get size estimates.
>
> For example a 34 knt wind contour  given :
> (NE,SE,NW,SW): 69 63 71 78 nmi for lat, lon: 32.25 -77.64
> Does any Gempak program support wind Radii plotting or way to do that?.
>
> Attached are two illustrations gif files of what I'm trying to accomplish.
>
> Thanks a lot for your time.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jose.

Ticket ID: AOT-532053