[GEMPAK #ZTH-407575]: GEMPAK nagrib issue

Hi John,

For decoding grib 1 and 2 files, I always recommend using the program "dcgrib2"
rather than "nagrib".

Unidata added dcgrib2 to the NAWIPS/GEMPAK package some years ago; it was
developed to  be more robust than the NAGRIB program created by NCEP.

I downloaded a 1.0 deg global GFS file and decoded it with the command "dcgrib2
gfs.gem < gfs.t12z.pgrbf12.grib2"

I then plotted the 500mb temperature field using

 GAREA    = -21;-150;-21;30
 PROJ     = STR/90;-105;0
 GDFILE   = gfs.gem
 GDATTIM  = last
 GLEVEL   = 500
 GVCORD   = pres
 GDPFUN   = tmpf
 TYPE     = f
 FINT     = 5
 FLINE    = 30-7

This to confirm that when using dcgrib2 there are no missing data along the
boundaries. See attached image.

-Michael

Ticket ID: ZTH-407575
Department: Support GEMPAK