[GEMPAK #IOX-855918]: gpmap

Hi Matias,

Thank you for sending the VGF file along with your message.

I was able to plot it without error in GPMAP using the following inputs:

 MAP      = 1
 MSCALE   = 0
 GAREA    = brazil
 PROJ     = mer
 SATFIL   =
 RADFIL   =
 IMCBAR   = 1
 LATLON   = 0
 PANEL    = 0
 TITLE    =
 TEXT     = 1.2/23/1/hw
 CLEAR    = y
 DEVICE   = xw
 LUTFIL   = default
 STNPLT   =
 VGFILE   = ana_sup_2013121918.vgf

and it looks like the attached gif file, for reference.

Now, as for the segmentation fault, I can't tell you what caused it without a
stack trace on the core file, as long as GEMPAK was built with debugging
enabled.

To catch the seg fault in a core file:

1) in a shell type "limit coredumpsize unlimited"
2) run GPMAP as you did before
3) after seg fault you should see a file "core.$$$" where $$$ is the process ID.
4) upload the core file to
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/gempakuploads/

after that I will take a look.  if debugging is enabled then we should know
soon what the cause is.  if debugging is not enable we may have to re-build
GPMAP and try again, which I can help you with, but let's try grabbing a core
file first.

Michael James
Unidata Support

> Full Name: matias armanini
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.10
> Operating System: Centos 6.4
> Hardware: server
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to generate a gif file from vgf file using gpmap program. The
> problem is that when i run the program, its display a error message:
> segmentation fault, and i don't know what is the problem.
>
> If you have any suggestion, it'll be great for us.
>
> best regards

Ticket ID: IOX-855918
Department: Support GEMPAK