[GEMPAK #KZC-735485]: GDRADR

Hi Joe,

GDRADR can accept any supported NEXRAD product, including N1P (one hour
precip), but I'm not sure about OPA (high-red 1 hr precip), but I wil be able
to check in the next week when I return from vacation.

GDRADR produces a GEMPAK grid file, and grid size is specified as a standard
input for the program.

Please refer to the GDRADR man page located at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/gempak/manual/programs_index?gdradr

Similar programs convert NEXRAD data into gini files (NEX2GINI) and GIF images
(NEX2IMG).

-Michael James
Unidata Program Center

> Hi,
>
> I was looking over the information on
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/gdradr/
>
> and was wondering could I make one hour precipitation maps with this
> program?
>
> Also are the files produced data or image files, or either?  I'm
> interested in the data.
>
> Also, can I specify the grid size?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Pietrowicz, Ph.D.