[GEMPAK #VNN-182418]: Unable to plot H5 data in GEMPAK

Hello Rama,

Unfortunately, I can't offer a fix for you.  GEMPAK simple does not support
displaying satellite imagery in H5 format.  McIDAS Area files and GINI images
are supported.  If you can find a way to convert your data source to one of
those formats you will be able to display those data, otherwise GEMPAK will not.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: ramakrishna
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.8.0
> Operating System: RedHat
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
>

> I am new to GEMPAK.
> I have plotted ECMWF data over Indian Ocean Region successfully using
> gdstream, gdcntr, sfmap but i want to plot Satellite data which is in H5
> format.
>
> I have followed the tutorial
> (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/surface_data_mapping.html).
> Please guide me in plotting H5 data using GEMPAK.
>

> and also i have converted the h5 data to binary format by using ( h5dump -b
> LE -o H5COnverted.bin SatFile.h5 ) and tried to plot, but failed. The error
> is mentioned below
> [IM -3]  Image file ../H5COnverted.bin not a supported format.
> Please correct me if i am doing something wrong.
>

> thanks and regards,
> Rama Krishna.

Ticket ID: VNN-182418
Department: Support GEMPAK