[GEMPAK #XHH-800311]: GEMPAK-GARP inquiry

Hello Brian,

GARP is no longer maintained or supported by UCAR.  I keep a copy of the source
code on github at:

https://github.com/mjames-upc/garp

but I do not work on GARP, only make it available to those who want to work on
it or use it.  So you're free to download and build it, but I can't offer much
help, I've never compiled the program on Windows or heard if anybody has.  I
would guess cygwin would be worth a shot.

If you have a linux OS, perhaps a virtual machine, maybe even OS X, then you
will find it much easier to build GARP.

Best of luck,

Michael James
Unidata

> To Whom it May Concern,
>
> I am a professional meteorologist in the private sector and I have come
> across some analyses that utilize GARP (GEMPAK GUI). Would you happen
> to know if this is something that can be downloaded and dedicated to a
> home computer with Windows 8.1 operating system? If so do you offer a
> software package of GEMPAK that includes GARP? Thank you for taking the
> time to answer my questions I truly appreciate it.
>
> Brian

Ticket ID: XHH-800311
Department: Support GEMPAK