[GEMPAK #ZJU-446469]: nmap2 errors displaying nexrad level 3 dpr

Hi Art,

Unfortunately, I don't have support for the DPR/176 product in GEMPAK right
now.  The instantaneous precip product is a uniquely formatted data file that
can't be processed by the same code that handles other level3 products (65,536
data levels instead of 256).  I've intentionally left it off of our NEXRAD3
level3 example page,

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/radar.html#nexrad3

until I can add support, but I'm not sure when.

-Michael

> Hi...
>
> When I try to display nexrad level 3 dpr fields, I'm getting an nmap2 error
> "No NIDS product ID found.", and no image displays. Other fields seem to work
> okay. Is there something that needs to be tweaked in gempak/nawips to allow
> these to display? This was in nmap2 7.0.0 but also fails in an earlier
> version.
>
> Thanks... Art
>
> --
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email: address@hidden, phone: 814-863-1563

Ticket ID: ZJU-446469
Department: Support GEMPAK