[GEMPAK #BEJ-616888]: decoders broken after os upgrade

Hi Eric,

I didn't think of this until now, but have you tried the special linux gfortran
Makeinc for Ubuntu that comes with GEMPAK?

Ubuntu builds require the compiler flag -fno-stack-protector be added to COPT
(C compiler options) and FOPT (fortran compiler options). Ubuntu-specific
Makeinc files are provided in $NAWIPS/config/ that include this compiler flag:

$NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux_gfortran_ubuntu
$NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux64_gfortran_ubuntu

This file (depending on system OS) can be copied to
$NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux64_gfortran for building on Ubuntu linux systems,
so perhaps adding -fno-stack-protector will resolve the problems with the
decoders.  (Then again maybe you added the option already...)

My next suggestion is to invoke the decoders from the command line to decode
data files, and see what errors, if any, are reported.

-Michael
Unidata