[GEMPAK #IPK-573225]: gdcross reference vector

> I am trying to plot circulation vectors using gdcross to look at a
> seabreeze along the cross section.
> the commands I am using are:
> gvect=circ(wnd,omeg)
> wind=am32/1/1/122/0.5
>
> The plot only has a horizontal reference component.  Is there an option for
> including a reference vector for the vertical velocity? There is no way to
> know the values in the vertical.

Hi Aaron,

GEMPAK is not able to plot vertical wind vectors, I'm sorry to say, and omeg is
a scalar only in GEMPAK grids, apparently.  I asked here at Unidata if it's
possible in the IDV, and it appears that it is (
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/ ).  That's not the answer you're
hoping for, but if you have the IDV available I recommend giving it a try.

Michael
Unidata Support

Ticket ID: IPK-573225
Department: Support GEMPAK