[GEMPAK #RDE-970276]: Warning Decoding

> I have been noticing that polygon files being decoded from our LDM feed are
> not displaying. When I try to open the files directly (i.e. not calling
> WARN=last) I get an error saying it cannot open the file.

So the warnings display okay when WARN=last?  Then dcwarn is decoding the files
fine. When you say "open the files directly" you mean that WARN is defined to a
specific time that you know to exist?  What is the error that you are seeing?

> I can confirm that all products are being received from the LDM feed, and
> that the pqact file is filing and decoding some other files okay.

Okay.

> One issue I had noted was the PIPE decoders/ line in the pqact. No decoders
> directory was generated. Our data folder is in our ldm home directory, and
> based on our ldm registry entries, the pqact would be looking for the
> decoders folder in our ldm home directory. To counteract this issue, I
> created the decoders folder and linked all of the decoder executables from
> the /os/Linux64/bin folder (specifically, all executables starting with dc*).
> These decoders are now being called by the pqact. If it matters, I do notice
> that the ldm user has read-only access to the executables.

Any error messages in ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log will tell you if a program can not be
found.  As long as the ~ldm/decoders/ directory is linked to a location with
the decoders available, you should be find.  It's easier to soft link
~/decoders to /home/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin than it is to link each decoder
individually, but either method should work.

> There are other datatypes appearing to have issues, most would be in the
> $GEMDATA/storm category.

I'd be interested to hear more.  Error messages, example files, pqact entries
and any more information you can provide.

Michael James
Unidata

Ticket ID: RDE-970276
Department: Support GEMPAK