[GEMPAK #VJV-191345]: Unable to convert gempak grd

> We have a oceansat2 file in h5 format. As i came to know that gempak directly
> cannot handle h5 files, i have converted h5 file to nc file using a script.
> Then i tried to convert the nc file to grb format using
>
> cdo -f grb2 copy H2A_SM3A20140505_WS.nc oscar.grb2
>

> Dear GEMPAK Team,
>
> I am sorry. The query was accidentally got submitted while i was still
> editing.
>
> Please remove this query.

Hello, I received your message about the accidental query, but I did not
receive a full version of the issue after that.  It appear you are trying to
convert h4 -> netCDF -> grib2 with the climate data operator program "cdo".

How have you managed so far?  Were you able to convert to grib2 and then to
GEMPAK grid files with dcgrib2?

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO