[GEMPAK #SNG-932904]: GEMPAK grid tables for HRRR

Hello Vittorio,

I've been maintaining local table additions since the HRRR was first added, and
have been waiting for the full feed to be added, which the TIN mentioned would
be complete by the end of October 02.

My version of g2varsncep1.tbl is at
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unidata/gempak/master/gempak/tables/grid/g2varsncep1.tbl

Currently decodes all 64 fields for the NGRID HRRR.

So there is the grib table that you need.  It will be included with other HRRR
updates in GEMPAK release 7.1.1.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

> Hi all,
>
> I was curious to see if anyone had developed GEMPAK tables for the NCEP
> HRRR files now being streamed over NGRID.  I am trying to add entries
> to $GEMTBL/grid/g2varsfsl1.tbl based on the variables I am seeing here:
>
> http://ruc.noaa.gov/hrrr/GRIB2Table_hrrrncep_2d.txt
>
> So far, I have only been able to get about 61 of the fields decoded (via
> GDINFO), but I see plenty more being broadcast over the NGRID feed.
> The GEMPAK table source files found in the ldm-6.12.6 release do
> not decode all fields.  I am willing to create a gempak table for the
> community if that text file link is indeed what is being broadcast over
> the NGRID feed.  Also, does dcrgib2 simply check against all tables in
> the $GEMTBL/grid directory or is there another file(s) that specify what
> table should be referenced?
>
> Note:  These files worked great for the UNIDATA hrrr feed, but will now
> be obsolete?
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/gembud/2014/msg00002.html
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> vg