[GEMPAK #VVW-437055]: GEMPAK Map/Projection Change

> With the upgrade to the latest version of Gempak, we've noticed that
> many of our scripts for generating model maps shift the view slightly
> for the US such that they feature more of the Atlantic and cut off the
> coast of California (see attached images for before/after examples).  We
> are using GAREA=US and PROJ=DEF in our scripts.  This seems to be the
> case with either GDFILE=NAM or GDFILE=GFS.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Brendon

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for letting me know about this.  I made a fix for grid plotting with
proj=def and garea=dset, and it appears that it now messes up proj=def and
garea=ALIAS referenced from $GEMTBL/stns/geog.tbl.  I'll get a better fix out
soon and let you know when it's available.

-Michael

Ticket ID: VVW-437055
Department: Support GEMPAK