Re: Network outage (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:46:25 -0500 (EST)
From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
To: James T Brown <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Network outage

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, James T Brown wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> We are apparently having some troubles getting to our
> primary and secondary sites:
>
> cirrus /home/ldm/etc % ping sunset.meteor.wisc.edu
> ICMP 13 Unreachable from gateway vbns-dng-r-macc-a4-0-8.net.wisc.edu
> (144.92.233.174)
>
> cirrus /home/ldm/etc % ping twister.millersv.edu
> ICMP 13 Unreachable from gateway mae-east.voicenet.net (192.41.177.97)
>
> Pretty strange that both are down at once.  Just wondering if any others
> are experiencing any network troubles this morning.  By the way, we
> haven't
> received any data since 12/24/98, so this has been an extended outage.
> However, we have been receiving the NLDN data from
> 'striker.atmos.albany.edu',
> so this outage has only been affecting the UNIDATA feed.
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

What's your machine? I can let you feed off me for a while. My machine
is weather.admin.niu.edu. Ping it, and if you can reach me, let me know
and I'll give you the NOAAPORT feed.

Gilbert, wondering if NOAAPORT Channels 2 & 3 are in our future (I hope
so!)

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                ***