RE: working at home (fwd)

Hiya,

I configured nport.alden.com as a NOAAport backup and started the ldm
around the first of the year. Alden hasn't checked the machine or
maintained the machine as far as I can confirmed.  Presently, the machine
is down and I am unable to restart it. This doesn't meet the criteria of
an IDD backup.  I have previously e-mailed Alden about the support needed
for the nport machine. In my opinion, we should drop our MOU with Alden
and maintain the NOAAport IDD on our own. I know these are harsh words,
but if we (UPC) are going to do all the maintenance what is the purpose of
the relationship with alden?  As stated in yesterday's staff meeeting,
there are unused satellite dishes available plus equipment grants to
satisfy the NOAAport IDD hardware needs.  I have confidence that the
present  architecture without alden will suffice until the other systems
are in place. I feel confident that the present system will be reliable
enough  until Glenn develops the alternative to SSEC NOAAport ingesting
system. Also, how does this fit into the Alden MOU?

Just my .02
Robb...