Re: 19990201: idd statistics...

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> >From: Maureen Ballard <address@hidden>
> >Subject: idd statistics...
>
> We changed our primary feed this morning from owl.uwyo.edu to
> weather.admin.niu.edu but the idd topography map and listing still show
> us feeding from owl.

Maureen,

The web pages take awhile to catch up to the actual topology
configurations.  There needs to be a change in the LDM to make it happen
faster, that will be in some future release.  The current stats from UKY
show:

kelvin.ca.uky.edu UNIDATA 3.6 Minutes

Even thought the topology is incorrect the latencies are from weather....

 I wanted to check the statistics we are sending
> you, but I don't see us listed on:
>  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/sitelogs.html

This entry is for the ldmd.log files, not the stats, the stats are located
at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/status/idd/fosTopo.html

at the end of the entry shows the latency.

> Any idea why we wouldn't be listed (the dostats command is in our
> crontab) or why everything still shows us feeding from owl?

In your logs dir , there's a ldmstats.upc that show the stats for your
machine.

% more *upc

ldm-5.0.6 zero.unidata.ucar.edu 1999020121 WSI 159 2472564 +
19990201213458 wsihcsn.unidata.ucar.edu 822.02 1820@0005

The 2nd to last number shows the average latency and the last number
1820@0005  show max latency ie 1820 seconds at 5 seconds after the hour

Robb...

ps.  It's been a rough Mon,  4 systems crashed over the weekend. I'll
answer your failover question asap.