Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:35:22 -0700 (MST)
From: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
To: William Noon <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: IDD fail over scheme

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, William Noon wrote:

> Robb -- Got your failover plan but not sure how we fit in.  We use thelma
> as the primary feed.  Alden has been increasingly flaky and I don't go there
> anymore for data since it isn't the same noaaport feed as thelma.

Bill,

The noaaport feed from ALden should be the same because they are using an
SSEC system.  Remember, the machine is not lightning, it's nport.alden.com
I thought Alden added a couple of T1 connections to the main internet hub
so your connection was reasonable. Can you try it again?  Also, you are
the 3rd alternative site, so maybe you could be fed from SSEC. It's
already configured for snow.

> We do have a Ku band backup but it isn't tied into the idd feeds and only
> helps us locally.

No, don't mix FOS and NOAAport

> I haven't heard of the ssec noaaport backup but I will try them to see if
> we are ALLOWed.

Yes, snow is ALLOWed at SSEC

Robb...