Re: 19990223: Unidata's X (C?)-band Alden satellite receiver

Peter,

The FOS Alden dish is history, turned off. FOS and NOAAport don't mix. The
scheme is for the source sites with NOAAport dishes to feed each other. So
each site UCAR, Alden Np, and SSEC have two sources to them. UCAR ->
Alden, Alden -> SSEC, and SSEC -> UCAR. The failover scheme from thelma is
to iita, then to either SSEC or Alden, or Cornell.  The configuration has
been in place since last week Jan. For internal duplication, iita is being
feed by the UCAR NOAAport machine too.

Robb..