Re: 19990329: LDM CONNECTIVITY CONCERNS

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >cc: address@hidden
> >From: Tom Grzelak <address@hidden>
> >Subject: LDM CONNECTIVITY CONCERNS
>

> Hi!
>
> This message is not meant to disrespect our IDD relay host, U of Mich, but
> we are very concerned over LDM connectivity issues associated with their
> machines blueskies and aldehyde.  On at least three occaisions this year
> alone  (1/4, 3/4, and 3/26,) UMich's LDM relay has failed.  I am not sure
> why this is occurring.
>
> It is my experience that the LDM software is very stable.  In fact, in the
> two years since I began running the LDM system here at Rutgers I can only
> find one instance that LDM has crashed which wasn't attributable to loss of
> data upstream or an extended local power failure.  Therefore, I surmise
> that UMich must have this software running on unstable platforms.
>
> Right now, I am feeding off Cornell University.  It is my intention to
> remain here unless directed by you to switch back to UMich.  I do not want
> to upset the IDD relay tree but stability is key especially if you are a
> upper to mid-tier relay site.

Tom,

I don't have a problem with Rutgers feeding off of Cornell if it's ok with
Bill Noon. The North East is the hardest place in the US to configure, I'm
always short of feeder sites. I was wondering if you would be willing to
accept another down stream site?  It will not happen for some time, but it
would be appreciated.

Robb...